We are looking for a team-orientated individual passionate about caring for the residents living in Firestone Healthcare, our long-term skilled nursing and short-term rehabilitation center at United Zion Retirement Community. CNAs are vital members of our care team. Excellent customer service, dedication, strong work ethic, and dependability are essential for this position.
Why United Zion?
United Zion has been serving the community for over 117 years. We provide quality care to seniors in a loving and caring community. We are a small community with extensive perks. This is where teamwork is valued, and you will get to know residents and team members by name. Plus, we offer fully covered employee health insurance premiums; health insurance for the family; vision and dental benefits; employer HSA contributions, vacation bonuses in addition to PTO; matching retirement plans; and access to Rock Medical (a primary and wellness health care service). Check out our website for all the other great benefits we offer.
Full-time, Part-Time and Pool Shifts:
- Day: 05:30AM – 1:30PM
- Evening: 1:30PM-9:30PM – $3/hr shift differential
- Night: 9:30PM-5:30AM – $1/hr shift differential
- Weekend Program
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform direct patient care activities in a senior living environment to ensure the residents’ health, comfort, and safety.
- Assist residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) needs, including dressing, bathing, grooming, dental care, undressing, and toileting care.
- Assist residents with ambulation, resident transport, and resident transfer needs while using appropriate transfer devices and correct body mechanics to promote safety for both the resident and team members.
- Assist residents at meal times, including setting up trays, feeding, and documenting meal consumption.
- Identify and report changes in resident condition to the appropriate Team Leader, including skin changes, mental status changes, and signs/symptoms of depression.
- Communicate resident changes and needs between shifts.
- Maintain a tidy work environment, including resident rooms, utility rooms, CNA staff stations, and central bath areas.
- Promote the highest level of functioning and independence for all residents through participation in therapeutic programming, activity programming, and ADL independence per resident ability.
- Assist with developing, reviewing, and implementing resident care plans in conjunction with nursing and other disciplines.
- Utilize care directives to ensure appropriate care delivery.
- Document all assigned residents, including PointClickCare, CNA flow sheet documentation, toileting documentation (minimum of 3 times per shift), I&O as indicated, vital signs as directed, and resident weights.
- Comply with all practices and policies for infection control measures and personal protective equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment.
- Participate in required training as well as fire and emergency drills.
- Act as a liaison and ambassador between United Zion, residents, and their families.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Current Pennsylvania Certified Nursing Assistant license in good standing.