We are looking for an outgoing team-orientated individual passionate about caring for the residents and providing excellent service.
Why United Zion?
United Zion has been serving the community for over 117 years. We provide quality care to seniors in a loving and caring community. We are a small community with big perks. This is a place where teamwork is valued, and you will get to know residents and team members by name. Plus, we offer fully covered employee health insurance premiums; health insurance for family; vision and dental benefits; employer HSA contributions, vacation bonuses in addition to PTO; matching retirement plans; and access to Rock Medical (a primary and wellness health care service). Check out our website for all the other great benefits we offer. Plus very competitive wages including shift differentials ($3/hr for evening shift and $1/hr for night shift)
- Assist in bathing/dressing and personal hygiene of residents.
- Provide a daily activity and engage residents to participate in daily activity to provide social interaction with each resident.
- Escort and/or assist in the transport of residents.
- Maintain proper infection control procedures, including cleaning equipment after each use.
- General resident care duties as assigned.
- Report changes in residents’ status to LPN Shift Leader/Administrator.
- Encourage residents to maximize their capabilities.
- Maintain tidy and safe work environment including the PC Care Center, resident rooms and utility/storage areas.
- Immediately answer call bells of each resident
- Must be of 18 years of age or older and possess a high school diploma/equivalency or active certification as a nurse aide in Pennsylvania;
- Completion of, or ability to successfully complete Direct Care Staff Person Training Course and Competency Test prior to acceptance of employment (can be completed online by accessing the PA DPW web site: http://services.dpw.state.pa.us/pch_comptest/).
- Meet all requirements of the Older Adult Protective Services Act (OAPSA). Required criminal history background checks must be done on the PA State Police Request for Criminal Record Check form (SP4-164) or via the e-patch system, drug and alcohol-free;
- Physically able to perform the physical position requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation.