We are looking for a team orientated individual who is passionate about caring for the building and campus while providing excellent service to the residents of United Zion Retirement Community. The Maintenance Technician will work with the Environmental Services team to help keep commercial and residential systems, equipment, and appliances operating effectively, efficiently, and safely. They will install, repair, and maintain appliances, equipment, and systems, including within residents’ residences, in our onsite health care facilities, in our commercial kitchens, in offices, and in public areas of the campus.
Why United Zion?
United Zion has been serving the community for over 117 years. We provide quality care to seniors in a loving and caring community. We are a small community with big perks. This is a place where teamwork is valued and you will get to know residents and team members by name. Plus, we offer fully covered employee health insurance premiums; health insurance for family; vision and dental benefits; employer HSA contributions; vacation bonuses in addition to PTO; matching retirement plans; and access to Rock Medical (a primary and wellness health care service). Check out our website for all the other great benefits we offer.
Full-time – 37.5 hours; open to discussion to about what shift times work best for you; “on call” weekend normally once every six weeks.
Key Position-Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
- Building custodian: maintaining a neat and tidy appearance of the building including minor maintenance and maintenance of floors.
- Minor maintenance and repairs of heating, cooling, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Maintenance and repairs of healthcare equipment including wheelchairs, walkers and resident beds.
- Operate and maintain environmental services equipment and machinery.
- Responding promptly and professionally to residents’ service call request regarding maintenance needs at their residence.
- Support grounds team to ensure safe and neat appearance.
- Report safety hazards in the building and on the grounds, documenting all hazards in accordance with Life Safety, the Department of Health and any other regulatory requirements.
- Make regular security rounds.
- Safely and properly using hand tools and power tools; consistently completing all work in a safe manner and consistently adhering to relevant policies and regulations.
- Provide proper and complete documentation as needed about repairs, maintenance and work completed.
Universal, Essential Team Member Responsibilities
As a team member of United Zion Retirement Community I will assume personal accountability for the following responsibilities as they relate to my job duties and performance at UZRC.
- To conduct myself within a manner consistent to the Mission Statement and Core Values of UZRC.
- To be knowledgeable of the UZRC Human Resources policies as outlined in the Team Member Handbook, as well as Corporate Policies and Procedures found in the Corporate Policy, Operations Manual, and relative department procedure manuals; all federal, state, and local regulatory guidelines governing providers of long term care facilities in the state of Pennsylvania, and conducting myself within the guidelines of these written policies and procedures.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Compliance in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- It is the responsibility of all team members to recognize potential or actual adverse events and report them appropriately. Any team member who witnesses, discovers, or otherwise has knowledge about an adverse event or good catch/near miss event, must generate or cause to be generated, an event report according to the event policy and procedure utilized by UZRC.
- Provide excellent customer service to all.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Relevant training program OR 2 years hands on experience preferred
- 18 years of age or older with a valid PA driver’s license
- Ability to read, write, and follow directions in English