We are looking for a team-orientated individual who is passionate about caring for the building and campus while providing great service to the residents of United Zion Retirement Community. The housekeeper will work with the Environmental Services team to help keep the campus beautiful including residents’ residences; onsite healthcare facilities; offices; and public areas of the campus.
Why United Zion?
United Zion has been serving the community for over 117 years. We provide quality care to seniors in a loving and caring community. We are a small community with big perks. This is a place where teamwork is valued and you will get to know residents and team members by name. Plus, we offer fully covered employee health insurance premiums; health insurance for family; vision and dental benefits; employer HSA contributions, vacation bonuses in addition to PTO; matching retirement plans; and access to Rock Medical (a primary and wellness health care service). Check out our website for all the other great benefits we offer.
Full-time – 37.5 hours; ability to select your shift start time with director’s approval; “on call” weekend normally once every six weeks.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Perform assigned day-to-day housekeeping functions including
- Wet mopping
- Washing windows
- Wiping down walls
- Assure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable and attractive manner.
- Assure that established infection control practices are maintained when performing housekeeping measures.
- Report all hazardous conditions or equipment to maintenance.
- Assist with laundry as needed, including:
- Sort, fold, and deliver wash to residents.
- Wash and dry clothes using industrial laundry equipment.
- Ironing articles of clothing.
- Clean laundry area and equipment.
- High School graduate or equivalent with the ability to read, write and to follow written and oral directions. Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Basic computer experience.
- Knowledge of institutional/hospitality cleaning procedures.
- Ability to move furniture