We are looking for a team orientated individual who is passionate about seniors to work in our culinary services department. Excellent customer service, dedication, strong work ethic, and dependability are important for this position. Opportunities for advancement. Flexible scheduling.
Why United Zion?
United Zion has been serving the community for over 117 years. We provide quality care to seniors in a loving and caring community. We are a small community with big perks. This is a place where teamwork is valued and you will get to know residents and team members by name. Plus, we offer fully covered employee health insurance premiums; health insurance for family; vision and dental benefits; employer HSA contributions; vacation bonuses in addition to PTO; matching retirement plans; and access to Rock Medical (a primary and wellness health care service). Check out our website for all the other great benefits we offer.
- Full-time: Day Shift and Evening Shift. Every other weekend and holiday required.
- Part-time: 4PM – 7PM. Every other weekend and holiday required.
- Pool on multiple shifts. Pool requirements are to work at least two shifts/month and to complete quarterly trainings and annual in-services.
- Excellent resident centered customer service skills.
- Serving: taking meal orders, plating meals and serving meals to residents.
- Bussing and prep work: clearing away dishes, setting tables, and ensuring that each work and dining area are appropriately stocked.
- General housekeeping: wiping down tables, removing garbage from kitchen, cleaning kitchen equipment, and mopping the floor.
- Ensure that each dining room is properly set to United Zion’s standards of care and service to provide the best possible dining experience for each resident depending on the residents’ individual needs.
- Read menus and follow special diet instructions.
- Operate kitchen equipment including a dishwasher, bench mixer, can opener, food processor, coffee maker, stove, convection oven, microwave oven, food blender, and steam table safely and effectively.
- Demonstrate safe/sanitary working habits that fully comply with standards of care, policies, and procedures including infection control.
- Education: Ability to read, write, and do math on an 8th grade level.
- Must be 18 years of age or older with the exception of a 16 year old with documented student work papers.
- Able to speak, read, and write the English language.
- Ability to work under time limits, adapt to change, be mentally alert and accurate in measurement.
- Flexible, caring, ability to get along well with co-workers
- Understand and assist in the delivery of special diets ordered by the physician.
- No experience in food service necessary.